Thursday, December 3, 2009

This & that

I am more than tempted to point out the similarities between 26/11 (2008) & 25/07 (2000). Yes I know what you're thinking, and any writer/ blogger would like to spice it up a little with an element of suspense.

26 November 2008 was when a warrant was issued against Hotel Taj & Mumbai by Ajmal Kasab & company; & 25 July 2000 was when the warrant issued against Balasaheb Thakrey by the world-famous (in India) Mumbai Police.

During the latter, I was in Bombay (is Thakrey & company listening?) & my friend & host Ashish called to tell me to duck under any desk, shop or covering nearby because it's supposed to be a catastrophic day. The same frantic calls were made, I am sure, on the former date.

On both the dates, a group of extremists romped the streets of Bombay (he he he) & destroyed property & harmed people. Police & administration failed to curb them for a lot of hours because of various reasons and the harm was done.

They knew they were doing the harm and o they were loving it; and proud of it.

I am sure the people who follow the blog are smart enough to add more points of reference. I sign off here, please take charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment