Sunday, October 25, 2015

Out of the screen

Out of the box is not an uncommon phrase for any body of us. However my concern at a number of times is not out of the box but simply out of the screen.

I do not know whether this very unusual experience is just a short lived one or is it going to make a long term difference in the way I think and work. This unusual experience that I'm talking about has an arisen from the simple situation; which is my laptop screen going blank. After many a doubts whether I will be able to work without it or not it, I had to be give it for repair because there was no other way to use it. Since yesterday without the laptop on my desk I'm having sort of feeling liberated (too much eh). My focus has gone beyond what I see on the screen - one or multiple tabs for that matter. What I have simply done is stop performing tasks and started to monitor them for my team. I see the fads of my team more rather than the laptop screen. And it's anybody's guess which is
important and effective.

Another non-digital revulsion that has happened is my consistent use of diary rather than Excel sheets
Since yesterday I have simply started talking to each of weights and asking them what they need from me as a manager as a result I have been able to keep track of what is happening in my office, what is going on right or wrong, and indirectly having a chance to connect with my team rather than the laptop
out of the screen and looking for that then what your computer screen offers on your test.

No comments:

Post a Comment