Sunday, October 25, 2015

The marathon Marathon

Most times I am less troubled about things around me because I do not fully grasp the gravity of it; probably that’s the reason the last SCHM went about without the seeming troubles.
That does not mean I did not take stress, did not have sleepless nights, had to let go of a number of commercial projects for this one, keep away from the family and basically go nuts over and about it; but most times there’s a single-minded madness of doing it just right. The dumbness surely helps at times.
The event, that got well over a month ago, was an outright success. And it was a remarkable experience too – both for the organizers and for the participants! As an organizer, I can of course point out tens of error spots, but the fact remains that as a participant, one would have a ball of a time!
Yes it is a milestone in my professional and personal achievements and of Surti Runners group as a whole; but the lessons learned invaluable – some marathon-related, others event management centric & some very personal ones too!
But the biggest problem is that I am readying for more of them. A many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment